A true Aussie style hat. Named for Australia's famed source of opals. Features a Kangaroo Tail Band with Authentic Australian Opal, eyelet vents and satin lining.
Brim: 83mm, Bound Edge
*Note: Colour of hat may vary from the picture.
MEASURING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Heads come in all sizes, and in a surprising variety of shapes.
Although Akubra hats are adaptable, and will usually conform to differences in shape with a little wearing, it is essential that the size be correct for your head.
TO DETERMINE YOUR HAT SIZE FOLLOW THESE 3 SIMPLE STEPS:
- Measure the circumference around your head - approximately 12mm (1/2") above the ears
- Keep the dressmaker tape level and firm, across the temple and above the eyebrow ridges.
- Check the size chart given below.
NOTE: For in-between measurements use the next size up.
|53 XS||54||55 S||56||57 M||58||59 L||60||61 XL||62||63 XXL|
|UK hat:||6 1/2||6 5/8||6 3/4||6 7/8||7||7 1/8||7 1/4||7 3/8||7 1/2||7 5/8||7 3/4|
|US hat:||6 5/8||6 3/4||6 7/8||7||7 1/8||7 1/4||7 3/8||7 1/2||7 5/8||7 3/4||7 7/8|
For an enduring fit with your new Akubra the following points should be considered:
- The Sheepskin inner band of the hat may shrink slightly with use. Do not expect a tight-fitting hat to 'loosen up'
- In time, the hat will conform to your head shape. Initially, a slightly loose-fitting hat can be adjusted using folded tissue placed behind the inner band, then removed as the hat conforms to your head shape.